Was reading through the NaNoWriMo tags and found this post. Looked like a good way to talk about my NaNo past.
1. How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? This will be my 9th NaNo. I have won 4 times, and epic failed the other 4.
2. How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo? To be honest I cannot remembers! I think it was a yahoo article or something. It was 2006 and I was a freshman in high school. I don’t remember much from then but I do really think I saw it on Yahoo.
3. What was the name of the first novel you attempted with NaNo? It was called “Fallen” and was this melodramatic short story (I only got to 8,000 words or so, and just decided to end it) about a teenager who tries to run away from her overprotective mother. It wasn’t very good but it still exists on the internet if anyone wants a link. Reminder: I was in NINTH GRADE haha.
4. Give us a 1 sentence summary of what you’re writing this year. A girl with no memories of the last two years has to make big life decisions soon, but is afraid of what she can’t remember.
5. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Don’t write for other people. Write for yourself first, and the end result will be amazing.
6. Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Why? I took off last year, but it can be argued that the 2,000 words I wrote in 2013 was also an off year. I’ve not been good at writing lately. I’m hoping NNo kickstarts me this year.
7. What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write? The TV shows and books that I enjoy tend to swing around the same genres I enjoy writing, so definitely from those. 🙂
8. Read us the first sentence from one of your novels. When I opened my eyes that morning, I felt completely out of place.
9. Why do you love writing? writing has always been an escape for me. I’ve fallen off the wagon so bad lately and I feel so unproductive. I’m here to change that now. This year.
You can find my complete NaNoWriMo history on my profile (HERE). I’m working on updating all the synopsis and adding excerpts too.
One more week! You ready?.