Now that Christmas is over (not sure if that’s a good or bad thing yet), it’s about time to start thinking of the new year. Next Friday means 2016, which means all the ‘new year, new me’, ‘fresh start’, ‘clean slate’ mumbo jumbo is here.
I don’t particularly believe in any of those things. 2016 is just a new year. A new calendar.
BUT that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s a great idea to set some goals to achieve in the next twelve months!
So, here is my list:
- Get 500 followers
- 10,000 views
- Have an active following, where no one is afraid to comment and discuss!
- Continue posting a few times a week
- Never forget a Monday Musings
- Post at least 20 book reviews
- Bring in more followers to the blog from Twitter
- Get 250 Twitter followers
- Finish a second draft of Cover Up
- I need to finish the first draft too, LOL
- Finish the first draft of Where I Belong and start editing
- Write two additional pieces of short fiction per month
- Read 30 books (I know it’s not much, but it’s more than I’ve read in a loooong time)
- Get married!
- Feel good in my dress (I’m really trying to get it taken in, but we’ll see)
- Save another $1,000
- Go out and do things with new people
- Seriously I need friends here
So yes, those are my goals!
2016 will probably be great. I’m getting married in June, and pending a financial disaster of any sort, we are also most likely moving to Texas next year! Brad says as soon as we have the money (he wants $6k put away. We’re at $3500ish) we can sort out the details and get out of Virginia. I really need to get on my money-saving game. It’s hard, because I don’t have much extra money, but I think if I budget it correctly, it’s possible!
I’m sure I’ll post again before the new year, but in the meantime, I hope we all make the best of what’s left of 2015.