So over the past 10 days, I’ve been nominated for 2 awards! I am going to take one post, smash them together, and express my gratitude to my fellow blogger friends who nominated me for these awards.
Blogger Recognition Award:
Many thanks to hubby1974 from Dialogue from the Depths for nominating me for this award! Here are the 2 “rules” I will follow 😉
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
How my blog started : Honestly, I wanted a book review blog so I could get free books! I found this program called RevellReads Book Tour Program where you could sign up as a book blogger, and every month they would send you a book to read and review. Physical books or electronic copies! So I set up this blog (originally called Musings of Danielle) and put up 2 recent book reviews, and then signed up for my first book.
But then, I started peering through different tags on WordPress and realized that what I really wanted was a blog about writing. It’s great motivation! For me, and hopefully for other people as well. It’s a great community to take part in! So I started blogging about my writing, about NaNoWriMo, etc. and found my niche.
Advice to new bloggers: First, if your blog starts with no specific subject, there’s nothing wrong with that! It’s YOUR blog. Over time, you may find that you enjoy writing on one subject and that people seem to engage with that the most. Then you can narrow in your focus. Or maybe, you just want a blog where you can write about whatever you want, whenever you want. RIGHT ON. That’s awesome too.
Second, don’t rely on the statistics page to tell you if your blog is worth it. Does writing it make you feel better? Do you enjoy writing your blog posts? Then your blog is worth it!
Third, engage in the community! Don’t wait for people to come to your blog. Go to theirs! Search and follow tags that you enjoy reading about. When you comment on their blog, it’s likely they will stop by and visit (and comment) on yours too!
That is my advice. Hope it helps someone! 🙂
The Versatile Blogger Award:
The rule I shall follow:
Share seven facts about yourself.
So here goes.
- My favorite wine is White Zinfandel. I believe to real wine lovers, that is despicable. But I looove sweet wines. #2 is Moscato (of any variety).
- I have an obsession with Mexican food. Brad and I are regulars at one a couple miles away. Every server there knows our order now.
- I have terrible anxiety when it comes to dentists. I’m only thinking about this because I have an appointment next week.
- My Christmas tree is still up.
- I have been to 19/50 states in the US. I have never been out of the country though.
- I’ve also never been to Disney World (or Land). Brad says we can’t go until we have a kid who’s old enough to remember. So yeah, it’ll probably be another 10-15 years before I get to go. SIGH.
- I babysit an adorable 3 year old girl on the weekends! And holy cow, she is FULL of energy. We probably ran around in circles for 30 minutes of the 3 hours that I was there last weekend.
This time around, I won’t be nominating people. BUT next week I will be doing a feature on BLOGS I LOVE to kind of make up for the fact.
Thank you again for these wonderful awards. I truly appreciate the recognition! ❤