So I scrolled back through my blog posts and found the one where I listed my goals for 2016. So here we are, in the last week of a very up and down year, and it’s time to look back and see what kind of accomplishments I made.
Here we go:
- Get 500 followers
- Accomplished. I currently have 507 followers. Yay!
- 10,000 views
- Close but no cigar. Had I not stopped blogging, I’d probably have accomplished this one. But 9,100ish views is not something to scoff at!
- Have an active following, where no one is afraid to comment and discuss!
- I would consider this accomplished.
- Continue posting a few times a week
- I was doing great until we moved. But that’s okay.
- Never forget a Monday Musings
- Nope. MM died out pretty early in the year lol
- Post at least 20 book reviews
- Did I even post one?
- Bring in more followers to the blog from Twitter
- I did bring in significantly more readers this year from Twitter than last year. So check.
- Get 250 Twitter followers
- 415 as of right now. Check!
- Finish a second draft of Cover Up
- I need to finish the first draft too, LOL
- First draft was finished. Second draft was never started.
- Finish the first draft of Where I Belong and start editing
- This was not a good writing year for me.
- Write two additional pieces of short fiction per month
- Not even one.
- Read 30 books (I know it’s not much, but it’s more than I’ve read in a loooong time)
- According to Goodreads, I read 17 books this year. I averaged over 1 a month, and that’s an accomplishment to me.
- Get married!
- Feel good in my dress (I’m really trying to get it taken in, but we’ll see)
- I was never NOT going to feel good in my dress.
- Save another $1,000
- We saved a lot, spent it all on the move, and are back over $1,000 in savings. So check!
- Go out and do things with new people
- Seriously I need friends here
- I never accomplished this in Roanoke haha
I’ve posted about my slump already for the year. But I’m over the negative thoughts. I may not have been able to mark off all my resolutions for this year, but I made a lot of progress in life this year. I built this beautiful blog. We moved to Texas. Brad and I are finally married.
Next up: big moves with my career. A house. A new dog (or 3).
Bring it on, 2017. I’m ready for you!