So I scrolled back through my blog posts and found the one where I listed my goals for 2016. So here we are, in the last week of a very up and down year, and it’s time to look back and see what kind of accomplishments I made.
Here we go:
- Get 500 followers
- Accomplished. I currently have 507 followers. Yay!
- 10,000 views
- Close but no cigar. Had I not stopped blogging, I’d probably have accomplished this one. But 9,100ish views is not something to scoff at!
- Have an active following, where no one is afraid to comment and discuss!
- I would consider this accomplished.
- Continue posting a few times a week
- I was doing great until we moved. But that’s okay.
- Never forget a Monday Musings
- Nope. MM died out pretty early in the year lol
- Post at least 20 book reviews
- Bring in more followers to the blog from Twitter
- I did bring in significantly more readers this year from Twitter than last year. So check.
- Get 250 Twitter followers
- 415 as of right now. Check!
- Finish a second draft of Cover Up
- I need to finish the first draft too, LOL
- First draft was finished. Second draft was never started.
- Finish the first draft of Where I Belong and start editing
- This was not a good writing year for me.
- Write two additional pieces of short fiction per month
- Read 30 books (I know it’s not much, but it’s more than I’ve read in a loooong time)
- According to Goodreads, I read 17 books this year. I averaged over 1 a month, and that’s an accomplishment to me.
- Get married!
- Feel good in my dress (I’m really trying to get it taken in, but we’ll see)
- I was never NOT going to feel good in my dress.
- Save another $1,000
- We saved a lot, spent it all on the move, and are back over $1,000 in savings. So check!
- Go out and do things with new people
- Seriously I need friends here
- I never accomplished this in Roanoke haha
I’ve posted about my slump already for the year. But I’m over the negative thoughts. I may not have been able to mark off all my resolutions for this year, but I made a lot of progress in life this year. I built this beautiful blog. We moved to Texas. Brad and I are finally married.
Next up: big moves with my career. A house. A new dog (or 3).
Bring it on, 2017. I’m ready for you!
Greeting, loyal followers, and long time no see!
Holy crap, it’s already October!
So in the last 2 months, we’ve obviously moved and settled into our new home in Texas. I’m stuck waiting tables again while I deeply consider what it is I want out of my future. The teaching certification is still on the table, I’m just trying to figure out if that’s REALLY the commitment I want to make.
I have troubles with commitment.
NOT to my fiancé, Brad, though. We are still getting married in less than 3 weeks! The 22nd of THIS MONTH is the big day! Things are falling into place, and actually living in the same town as we’re getting married in has been such a relief on everyone’s sanity. Continue reading
Ahh craziness all around. We’re leaving in 10 DAYS. I’ve been crazy busy packing, going through my last week of work, and just mentally preparing myself to say goodbye to these beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
As such, I do not have much of an update for my eight week challenge. As much as I figured this would happen, I really haven’t focused on any of my goals recently. I finished one book, started another but probably can’t finish it before we leave (and it’s a library book so…) and while I’ve been packing (a workout!) and walking (thanks Pokemon G0!), I’ve been kinda eating whatever I want.
But it’s fine. I’m midway through the last week of the challenge, and while I probably won’t be able to say it was the most successful, I know that I did make some accomplishments. But I’ll go through all that sappy stuff next week when I do my final update.
This is all I have to say in this post today, as it’s getting busy and I’ve got a lot of stuff to do. I can’t wait until I’m moved and settled in so I can get back to regularly posting on my own blog, as well as get back to reading more of the blogs from friends I follow.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
I just noticed while scrolling through my blog trying to remember what week we’re on, that the only posts I’ve had lately are the 8WC or Fiction Friday. So that’s kind of boring. Ultimately though, until we move, that’s probably all it’s going to be. I’m not doing much right now besides reading, SOME writing, and POKEMON GO. But more on that later.
Time is sure flying by on this challenge! 2 weeks left of the challenge means 2 weeks left at my job! Eek!
So here is my end of week 6 update: Continue reading
I’ve been reading a lot lately. Which is GREAT. Because after I got my job a 2 months out of college, I stopped reading almost altogether. Not like “I’ll never read again!” I just wasn’t reading.
I just got wrapped up in TV, and the occasional movie. Plus I work in a library with no fun reading books. Just medical sciencey type books. Bleh.
I hit up the public library twice in the last week and half. And I’ve got two more books that will likely be waiting for me on Monday, so I’ve gotta get to reading the two books I still have to read! Ah!
These are good problems to have though.
The only problem with reading so much, is the lack of packing I have done. And we’re officially THREE WEEKS OUT from moving day! Crap! I’m not gonna quit reading though. I just need to figure out how to manage my time better, haha.
Okay, without further ado, here’s what I’ve been reading lately.
The closer the end of this challenge comes, the faster it goes.
And the faster the challenge goes, IT MEANS IT’S ALMOST TIME TO LEAVE.
We’ve got 3 weeks left of the eight week challenge, which means I’ve got 3 weeks left at work, and just 4 weeks left of Virginia living. I’m already starting to miss out the view from my back patio:
Photo credit: ME
So how has my challenge progressed this week? Well, no better than the last few weeks it appears. Let’s break it down.
Whelp, here we are.
The halfway point.
*insert panicked emoji face*
I can’t say that so far this adventure has been either successful or a failure. I can say I’ve made some progress in all three goals, but overall, I have not really come close to the ultimate goal of creating good habits for myself before the big move to Texas.
Here’s my week 4 report: Continue reading
1. The Instant Energy is Ah-mazing!: Coffee is a great quick fix. You take a sip and you are instantly transformed into a new energetic being!
2. It Fills Me Up!: Another great (and unhealthy) reason why I love coffee is because of its staying power. Have you ever noticed that after drinking a good cup of strong coffee, you appetite is curved for hours. This saves money, time, and guilt.
3. It Looks Great in Pictures: Coffee is simply an amazing accessory to almost anything. Food, computers, and pages of work are all good things to add in a picture next to coffee.
4. You Can Have it Simple or Really Complicated: Black versus a white chocolate mocha, extra hot, with an extra shot of espresso, no whip, and soy. What else needs to be said?
5. You Can Find it Everywhere You go: Perhaps my favorite thing about is coffee is how popular and widely accessible it is. This brings a sense of diversity as well as familiarity. Some days I want the average cup of Joe. Other days, I want something different than I’d have at home.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who loves coffee? Why do you love it?
Felicia is a blogger, coffee lover, and reader. She has been blogging for over three years and has begun numerous blogs. Currently, she is the Administrator of Thoughtful Minds United which strives to bring a community of lives together via blog.
Want to write a post and have it featured on The Caffeinated Writer? Submit your pitch here!
I’ve determined that I am indeed correct in that by creating this challenge, I’ve made these weeks seem to go by super fast. I made the mistake of counting how many days were left until we move to Texas (we’re at 39 today!) and now I’m panicking and feel like I need to start packing everything. It’s seriously too early though.
I have been cleaning pretty hardcore though. The kitchen is almost move-out ready as far as things being cleaned. The oven, the fridge, the floors. Just gotta get all our crap out of it haha.
We’ve got some people looking at our apartment this afternoon. I hope they take it. Because I’m already tired of people coming to look at it. Cleaning it, making sure I’m there to get the dog out of the way. Ugh.
Okay, enough complaining. It’s update time. For the end of week 3: Continue reading
Woohoo I actually read some books this week!
As I mentioned in my last 8 Week Challenge update, I’ve been sacrificing my reading time for writing time. As it appears, for at least 4/7 days this week, I’ve swapped that around completely. Oops.
I do still have the weekend to try to turn that around though, and I’ve got some writing plans to get done. But you’ll read all about that for my next update.
Here is what I read this week: